Chronic Disease Self-Management
1. Boucher LM, Liddy C, Mihan A, Kendall C. Do peer-led self-management interventions improve adherence to antiretroviral therapy among people living with HIV? A Systematic Review. AIDS and Behaviour. Online October 2019. doi.org/10.1007/s10461-019-02690-7
2. Boucher LM, O’Brien KK, Baxter LN, Fitzgerald ML, Liddy CE, Kendall CE. Healthy aging with HIV: The role of self-management support. Patient Education and Counseling. 2019;102(8): 1565-1569. doi.org/10.1016/j.pec.2019.02.019
1. Kendall C, Shoemaker ES, Crowe L, Rosenes R, Lundrigan P, Bibeau C, Asghari S, Becker M, Rourke SB, Marshall Z, Liddy C. Engagement of people with lived experience in primary care research: Living with HIV Innovation Team Community Scholar Program. Canadian Family Physician. 2017 Sept; 63(9):730-731.
Health utilization and quality of care
1. Ploeg J, Wong ST, Hassani K, Yous M, Fortin M, Kendall C, Liddy C, Markle-Reid M, Petrovic B, Dionne E, Scott CM, Wodchis WP. (2019). Community-based primary health care: The experience of 12 Canadian research teams. Primary Health Care Research and Development. 20: E107. http://dx.doi.org/10.1017/S1463423619000483
2. Kendall CE, Shoemaker ES, Porter JE, Boucher LM, Crowe L, Rosenes R, Bibeau C, Lundrigan P, Becker ML, Asghari S, Rourke SB, Liddy C (2019). Canadian HIV care setting as Patient-Centered Medical Homes (PCMHs). The Journal of the American Board of Family Medicine. 32(2): 158-167. http://dx.doi.org/10.3122/jabfm.2019.02.180231
3. Liddy C, Shoemaker ES, Crowe L, Boucher LM, Rourke SB, Rosenes R, Bibeau C, Kendall CE. How the delivery of HIV care in Canada aligns with the Chronic Care Model: A qualitative study. PLoSOne. 2019 July; 14(7): e0220516.
4. Kendall CE, Shoemaker ES, Porter JE, Boucher LM, Crowe L, Rosenes R, Bibeau C, Lundrigan P, Becker ML, Asghari S, Rourke SB, Liddy C. Canadian HIV Care Settings as Patient-Centered Medical Homes (PCMHs). The Journal of the American Board of Family Medicine. 2019 March; 32(2): 158-167.
5. Burchell AN, Raboud J, Donelle J, Loutfy MR, Rourke SB, Rogers T, Rosenes R, Liddy C, Kendall CE. Cause-specific mortality among HIV-infected people in Ontario, 1995-2014: a population-based retrospective cohort study. CMAJ Open. 2019 Jan; 7(1): E1-E7.
6. Kendall CE, Raboud J, Donelle J, Loutfy M, Rourke SB, Kroch A, Liddy C, Rosenes R, Ontario HIV Treatment Network (OHTN) Cohort Study Team, Burchell AN. Lost but not forgotten: A population-based study of mortality and care trajectories among people living with HIV who are lost to follow-up in Ontario, Canada. HIV Medicine. 2019 Feb; 20(2): 88-98.
7. Kendall CE, Shoemaker ES, Boucher LM, Crowe L, Rosenes R, Lundrigan P, Bibeau C, Becker M, Asghari S, Rourke SB, Rolfe D, Liddy C. The Organizational Attributes of HIV Care in Canada: A Cross- Sectional Study. PLOSOne. 2018: 13(6):e0199395.
8. Kendall C, Shoemaker E, Crowe C, McPherson P, Becker M, Levreault E, Rosenes R, Bibeau C, Lundrigan P, Liddy C. Patient activation among people living with HIV: A cross-sectional comparative analysis with people living with diabetes melitus. AIDS Care. 2018.
9. Kendall CE, Shoemaker ES, Raboud J, Mark AE, Bayoumi AM, Burchell AN, Loufy M, Rourke SB, Liddy CE, Rosenes R, Roger T, Antoniou T. Assessing Timely Presentation to Care Among People Diagnosed with HIV During Hospital Admission: A Population-Based Study in Ontario, Canada. AIDS Behav. 2018:1-9. doi:10.1007/s10461-018-2063-z.
10. Kendall C, Walmsley S, Lau C, Jembere N, Burchell A, Loutfy M, Raboud J,Rosenes R, Rourke S, Antoniou T. A cross-sectional population-based study of breast cancer screening among women with HIV in Ontario, Canada. CMAJ Open. 2017 Aug; 5(3): 673-681.
11. Kendall C, Chalifoux M, Manuel D, Reinhard R, Robinson G, Bacon J, Rourke S, Rosenes R, Tanuseputro P. A population-based study of care at the end of life among people with HIV in Ontario from 2010 to 2013. Journal of Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndromes. 2017; 1(75): 1-7.
12. Kendall C, Manuel DG, Younger J, Hogg W, Glazier RH, Taljaard M. A Population-Based Study Evaluating Family Physicians’ HIV Experience and Care of People Living with HIV in Ontario. The Annals of Family Medicine. 2015 Sept; 13(5):436–45.
13. Kendall C, Taljaard M, Younger J, Hogg W, Glazier R, Manuel DG. A population-based study comparing patterns of care delivery on the quality of care for persons living with HIV in Ontario. BMJ Open. 2015 May; 5(5), e007428.
14. Kendall C, Wong J, Taljaard M, Glazier R.H, Hogg W, Younger J, Manuel DG. A cross-sectional, population-based study of HIV physicians and outpatient health care use by people with HIV in Ontario. BMC Health Services Research. 2015 Feb; 15(63).
15. Kendall C, Younger J, Manuel DG, Hogg W, Glazier R, Taljaard M. Health administrative data can be used to define a shared care typology for people with HIV. Journal of Clinical Epidemiology. 2015 Feb; 68 (11): 1301-11.
16. Kendall C, Wong J, Taljaard M, Glazier RH, Hogg W, Younger J, Manuel DG. A cross-sectional, population-based study measuring comorbidity among people living with HIV in Ontario. BMC Public Health. 2014 Feb; 14: 161.
17. Asghari S, Hurd J, Marshall Z, Maybank A, Hesselbarth L, Hurley O, Farrell A, Kendall C, Rourke S, Becker M, Johnston S, Lundrigan P, Rosenes R, Bibeau C, Liddy C. Challenges with access to healthcare from the perspective of patients living with HIV: A scoping review and framework synthesis. AIDS Care. 2018 [epub ahead of print]
18. Burchell AN, Kendall CE, Cheng SY, Lofters A, Cotterchio M, Bayoumi AM, Glazier RH, Antoniou T, Raboud J, Yudin MH, Loutfy M. Cervical cancer screening uptake among HIV-positive women in Ontario, Canada: A population-based retrospective cohort study. Preventive Medicine. 2018; 107: 14-20.
19. Asghari S, Maybank A, Hurley O, Modir H, Farrell A, Marshall Z, Kendall C, Johnston S, Hogel M, Rourke S, Liddy C. Perspectives of People Living with HIV on Access to Healthcare: Protocol for a Scoping Review. JMIR Research Protocols. 2016 May; 5(2): e71.
20. Ng R, Kendall C, Burchell A, Bayoumi A, Loutfy M, Raboud J, Glazier R, Rourke S, Antoniou T. Emergency Department used by People with HIV in Ontario: A Population-based Cohort Study. CMAJ Open. 2016 May; 4(2): E240-E248.
Quality indicators and performance framework
1. Johnston S, Hogel M, Liddy C, Burchell AN, Rebick G, Antoniou T, McLaren M, Loutfy M, Kendall C. Developing a performance framework for measuring comprehensive, community-based primary healthcare for people with HIV. Primary Health Care Research & Development. 2016 July; 17(4): 361-384.
2. Johnston S, Kendall C, Hogel M, McLaren M, Liddy C. Measures of community-based care for people living with HIV: A scoping review of performance indicators. PLoS One. 2015 Sept; 10(9): e0136757.
Integrating care through eConsultation
1. Kendall, CE, Porter JE, Shoemaker ES, Kang R, Fitzgerald M, Keely E, Afkham A, Crowe L, MacPherson P, Rosenes R, Lundrigan P, Bibeau C, Liddy C. (2019). Evolving towards shared HIV care using the Champlain BASETM eConsult service. Medical Decision Making Policy & Practice. 4(2): 2-9. http://dx.doi.org/10.1177/2381468319868216
2. Liddy C, Moroz I, Keely E, Taljaard M, Mark Fraser A, Deri Armstrong C, Afkham A, Kendall C. (2018). The use of eConsult is associated with lower specialist referral rates: A cross sectional study using population based health administrative data. Family Practice. Epub ahead of print: 1-8.http://dx.doi.org/doi:10.1093/fampra/cmy020
3. Liddy C, Drosinis P, Deri Armstrong C, McKellips F, Afkham A, Keely E. What are the cost savings associated with providing access to care through the Champlain BASE eConsult service? BMJ Open. 2016; 6: e010920.
4. Liddy C, Afkham A, Keely E. Faster Access, Better Care: A Guide to Establishing an eConsult Service. May 2016.
5. Liddy C, Deri Armstrong C, McKellips F, Keely E. A comparison of referral patterns to a multispecialty eConsultation service between nurse practitioners and family physicians: the case for eConsult. Journal of the American Association of Nurse Practitioners. 2016 March; 28(3): 144–150 .
6. Liddy C, Joschko J, Keely E. Policy Innovation is Needed to Match Health Care Delivery Reform: The Story of the Champlain BASE eConsult Service. Health Reform Observer. 2015 Dec; 3(2): 1-11.
7. Keely E, Drosinis P, Afkham A, Liddy C. Perspectives of Champlain BASE Specialist Physicians: their experiences and recommendations for expanding eConsult services across Ontario. Studies in Health Technology and Informatics. 2015 May; 209: 38-45
8. Liddy C, Hogel M, Blazhko V, Keely E. The Current State of Electronic Consultation & Electronic Referral Systems in Canada: an Environmental Scan. Studies in Health Technology and Informatics. 2015 May; 209: 75-83.
9. Liddy C, Afkham A, Drosinis P, Joschko J, Keely E. Impact of and satisfaction with a new eConsult service: a mixed methods study of primary care providers. Journal of the American Board of Family Medicine. 2015 May; 28(3): 394-403.
Complex Relationships in Care Settings
1. Kaposy C, Greenspan NR, Marshall Z, Allison J, Marshall Z, Kitson C. Clinical ethics issues in HIV care in Canada: an institutional ethnographic study. BMC Medical Ethics. 2017;18:9. doi:10.1186/s12910-017-0171-3.
2. Kaposy C, Greenspan N, Marshall Z, Allison J, Marshall Z, Kitson C. The ethical case for providing cost-free access to lifesaving HIV medications in Canada: Implications of a qualitative study. Healthcare Management Forum. November 2016; 29(6): 255-259.
1. HMF November 2016 podcast with author Chris Kaposy, PhD, ethicist and professor from Memorial University, Newfoundland: The ethical case for providing cost-free access to lifesaving HIV medications in Canada. November 1, 2016.